This is Naki's wedding band that I now wear as a necklace. Ever since I started wearing it, this is what I see every time Eva sits, stands, or is anywhere near me. She loves putting her finger through it and just staying close enough to me so that she doesn't have to stop. Now when I tuck in Eli and Lose they make sure they get to touch it as I give them a kiss goodnight. I've received many a whiplash as I've pulled back from giving them a kiss only to realize they were still tightly holding onto Daddy's ring. Lose tells me she wants to be able to touch something that her Daddy touched, too. I try to tell myself that I would be okay, I would survive, if something happened to his ring. But I'd only be lying to myself. I, too, feel so connected to him, just by holding it and rubbing my fingers on the hard edge, because that's what it would feel like whenever I held his hand while he was wearing it.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
From My Point of View
This is Naki's wedding band that I now wear as a necklace. Ever since I started wearing it, this is what I see every time Eva sits, stands, or is anywhere near me. She loves putting her finger through it and just staying close enough to me so that she doesn't have to stop. Now when I tuck in Eli and Lose they make sure they get to touch it as I give them a kiss goodnight. I've received many a whiplash as I've pulled back from giving them a kiss only to realize they were still tightly holding onto Daddy's ring. Lose tells me she wants to be able to touch something that her Daddy touched, too. I try to tell myself that I would be okay, I would survive, if something happened to his ring. But I'd only be lying to myself. I, too, feel so connected to him, just by holding it and rubbing my fingers on the hard edge, because that's what it would feel like whenever I held his hand while he was wearing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

*tears* bless you Abby.. always.. xoxoxoxoxoxox
ReplyDeletedouble tears!!
ReplyDeletedouble double tears....i love reading your blogs!! Truely gives me strength!! Thanks SIX MAILE CHIX!!
ReplyDeleteThat is just awesome.... I have a few things of mother's that I do the same thing with.. 22 years later I still hold and touch and think of the love..
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU!
I feel the same way about my necklaces for Gabriel, even though it's completely different. It's amazing the comfort that can come just from something that represents him. I'm so glad you and your girls have something physical to bring you that comfort too. It's a beautiful ring and it looks absolutely perfect around your neck.
ReplyDeleteOne eternal round...the ring, the love, the eternity TOGETHER... Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeleteRings are so symbolic, aren't they? Love you.
ReplyDelete