It. Was. Gross.
Completely Gross! I didn't know what to do, where the heck to start cleaning them up, and how to figure out where they'd come from! After a lot of whining to Ginny, and vacuuming up the dead bugs, I eventually found the culprit...the plant on the top of my dresser. I don't know if any of you have ever experienced those little black bugs coming from any of your houseplants, but they are pests! They remind me of fruit flies that appear when your bananas are too ripe in your fruit bowl. I moved the plant into my bathtub, and then over the next 24 hours would douse it REAL good with the spray that kills those guys. I just left the plant sitting in there, and was amazed and grossed out to see all the bugs crawling out of that thing and then dying on the bottom of my bathtub. I had to take a picture for all of your viewing pleasure. Keep in mind, that these bugs are pretty teeny...so the fact that you can see something on the bottom of the tub from a distance tells you how many there really were.
So tonight I figured they'd all died by now, and no more were coming out as I continued to spray the plant throughout the week. Lucky for me, they were all STUCK to the bottom of the tub. Yes, that's right. When all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and read, I was instead srubbing hundreds of bugs off the bottom of my tub.
Earlier in the afternoon, I got a couple of other pictures of a pest I actually like. I discovered that Ane knows where I keep the cereal...
I MUCH prefer this kind of pest, although she doesn't act so thrilled when I squirt her with a water bottle to make her behave.

Ane is sooo beautiful! I'm glad you weren't so tired you didn't just crawl into bed w/o really looking!
ReplyDeleteThat is so gross! Way more gross than my fake cockroach story!! And Ane is so cute. Do you really spray her with a spray bottle? We tried to do that to Garrett when he was little...
ReplyDeleteDon't loose that spray bottle. I heard you're getting a cat. We kept spray bottles handy to teach the cat not to jump up on kitchen counters and tables. Works pretty well. They hate water. Also, be careful when picking a kitten. It is really mandatory that it be socialized with children from the time it is born. They never fully adapt if they are introduced to children later. You may want to find one locally that a bunch of kids are giving away in front of Maceys rather than going to the shelter. (The Maceys Kitties will end up there anyways, so you're just sparing them that trauma.) Kitten season is right around the corner!
ReplyDeleteomg I would've freaked out too!! WOW that's a lotta bugs! Sorry that sucks!
ReplyDeleteAne is growing up so fast! What a cutie pie.
ReplyDeleteThe bugs...too gross to mention...the little girl...too indescribably cute!!! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDelete