Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh, the Irony

Could someone Puh-Lease explain to me why why why my mornings go as follows: On the days when we have to wake up at 6ish everyone snoozes away. I have to actually make them wake up. And then on the days that I look forward to for a bit of sleeping in, say, like today (no school today) I look at the clock and it reads 5:00 AM...and Eva and Eli are both in my room, talking to me and asking me to turn on a show for them...Ane is screaming her brains out in her bed...and I heard Lose just flush the toilet and the light is on in her room. Why, girls? Why?

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Seems like it always happens this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It's practically a gospel principle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds way too familiar. Abby...I think of you often on the nights when I'm up a couple times with one or all of my kids. I can't stand the thought of waking Frank up to help because his alarm goes off at 4:30 to start his day. Then I just try to be so grateful he is even in bed with me. My heart just aches for you. You are so strong. Hang in there. I pray that Heavenly Father will lift you up and help you carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask yourself; you used to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to even try putting everybody to bed VERRRY late...it...made...no...difference!! Quite a mystery, really. The solution, however, comes with its own challenges...once they become teenagers they will sleep forever!! ...xometimes even while walking!! Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so I thought I was the only one that this happens to. Seriously - NEVER fails. I literally drag them all out of bed when we have school, but they're all up at the crack of dawn when we can actually sleep in. At least I finally have them trained to be quiet when they get up early - I think "scary morning mommy" finally convinced them it was better to just watch TV quietly and eat a pop-tart then to wake up those still sleeping.

    ReplyDelete