Friday, February 5, 2010
Funk
We acquired a new pencil sharpener the other day. It seems that I buy one and then it is immediately broken or lost. We have all of these pencils that we can never use because we never have a working pencil sharpener. This time I decided to buy an electrical one instead of a battery operated one...well, technically I didn't "decide", but discovered it was a plug in one when I opened it up. So far so good. It can't go missing either, since it has to stay plugged in. That is, until someone decides to move it to plug it in somewhere else. We were all having a grand time with it the other night, sharpening away. One pencil, no matter how hard I tried, wouldn't sharpen, almost as if there was no lead in it. I pulled it out, and said to Line, Malia, and Auntie Ginny, "I think this one is defunct...". I had to pause to check myself...is that a real word? Ginny confirmed that yes, it was. I then heard Line mutter something along the lines of, "When did it ever HAVE a funk, anyway?". Cute, Line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is so cute. De-funked. I think that should be a word. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the morning laugh!
ReplyDeleteWe had to ask her to repeat it just to make sure we heard her properly hahaha...
ReplyDelete"Funk." The root word of "FUNKY!!" Which this story certainly is!!! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDelete