Sunday, January 17, 2010
Seriously Lose?
What do you think is the psychobabble behind going to pick up one of your girlies from their primary class, only to find them redressing in front of their whole class? Two male teachers and all. Her head was stuck in her dress as she was putting it back on over her head. I am still so livid with her I just sent her to her room to stay for a while so I can think this one through. Her only redemption at this point was that she did have a white t shirt and white leggings, not tights, on underneath. But still. In her words, "But I was so so so so hot, Mom." It's in moments like these that I think to God with guilt ridden disrespect, Really? Couldn't I just have the normal parental challenges? Did I really have to work with grieving children, too? Especially when the way they act doesn't necessarily come across as "grieving", but everything else under the sun. Seriously. This is so dang hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Don't give up Abby. Grief (in all its shapes and forms) is so much harder than you ever bargained for. Love you and keep going.
ReplyDeleteOh man. That stinks. Yeah for t-shirts and leggings. I can't speak for the primary teachers, but if I was Lose's teacher, I wouldn't be mad. My heart would be filled with love for this little girl and a desire to help her through this difficult time. I would be understanding that her grief may come in all sorts of manifestations, and I would seek for divine help in figuring out how to best bless a precious daughter of God.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh. That is hilarious. Sorry it is hard. She is so sweet. The girls have a great mother. Hope this week is great!!
ReplyDeleteI think you would be surprised how many children "disrobe" during Primary. I have a friend who was teaching a child that not only partially disrobed, but then RAN!! She took off down the hall to catch the child and her own skirt fell around her ankles. She just kicked it out of the way and ran. Thank goodness for slips!!! Anyway, hang in there. You are truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Super Angie. I know my heart is filled with love for your girls, even with all the "quirks" that they are having right now. No one is judging them, just loving them. I'm so sorry it is so hard. I can't even imagine. You are a wonderful mother and they are all wonderful girls. The fact that you sent Lose to her room before reacting proves it. You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping those teachers read your blog...
ReplyDeleteThis just happened in our ward...in a much older class...get it oughta her system now!! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDelete