On a good note, it's over...I always wondered what it would be like to get stitches. I've never had them until now. Not that big of a deal, I guess, and in case any of my kids ever get them I'll be better able to commiserate with them. Another good note is that once again my incredible family stepped in and filled in for me all over the place. I have the most incredibly loving and giving family EVER, I'm convinced. The foremost good note of them all, the biggest blessing, I think, of the entire stupid thing is that I was able to ask the doctor who stitched me up about the maximum dosage a person can take of Ibuprofen and Tylenol per day. I discovered that I'd been taking way way way too much for what my liver and kidney can handle...See, I've been taking them for the excrutiating pain radiating to my upper and lower jaw, into my ear canal, up to my eye and nose, all from an infected tooth that I had worked on a couple of weeks ago. I needed to know the answers to some of those questions, and I was put in the exact right place to find them. Look at me! looking at the silver lining of things like this...I'm so proud of myself. Almost proud enough to not feel like a complete idiot for not looking where I was going in the first place.

Am I a bad person for laughing at this? Just to be clear, I was not laughing at your mishap or the picture of your ghastly wound. I was laughing at your self-congratulation for the silver lining detection. :) I'm glad you're going to be taking it easy on your kidneys and liver for the next little while. :)
ReplyDeleteABBY!!! I am so sorry, it looks so painful! Don't forget to pick out a book for Eva's b-day. Love you!
ReplyDeleteOw! You poor thing! That must have smarted big time! I AM glad, however, that your family made (almost) all the pain go away. :)
ReplyDeleteEww! That does look bad. And I had no idea that is why you came a bit late last night. I wish I knew. I'm glad your experience wasn't so bad though- 13 stitches seems like a ton. I hope it heals well and fast for you.
ReplyDeleteOK I know I have to agree with Super Angie.. I had to laugh as well.. SORRY SIS! SO now lets see, Jackie, You and I all have been to the ER in the last 3 months for CUTS... is there something wrong with this picture...and the Silver lining.. YAHOO!!!! I am so excited that you are grabbing ahold of it.. YOUR AWESOME and I can not say that enough! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Love You!
ReplyDeleteYIKES! That looks painful! Sorry you missed the end of the party and the program! Glad you have a great family to help! It makes those owies a little better!-Marci
ReplyDeleteHi Abby,
ReplyDeleteCan you confirm if you received 3 large boxes? Just want to make sure they were sent to the right address:) Merry Christmas
That got to hurt thats not all abby I SPRANGED my both my ankles on my left foot it almost felt like breaking my foot!!! love, tim\uncle tim
ReplyDeleteSo we looked at the video that was supposed to be recorded of the Nativity and it is not there!! Looks as if the record button was pushed at the end of it instead of the beginning so what we do have a bunch of crazy angles of everyone. Seriously, I was about to cry when I saw it. We have pictures though!! I'll send them to you. I'm so sorry you had to miss it, especially for this. I'm sorry that your physical pain was so intense last week. Seriously, what a week! I hope this next week is lacking in head whacking and toothaches!!
ReplyDeleteHoly head gash woman! I'm sure that was not a pretty picture to be cleaning up. Glad all you needed were stiches. And I hope you're toothache gets better soon....well, your head in general I guess:)
ReplyDeleteOn a totally unrelated side note - we're in Utah this week! We are hoping to get to church on Sunday. Hope to see you then.
Lisa
I cant believe how it good it looks stitched up. That is huge! Man, your tough in every way Abby.
ReplyDeleteOUCH!!!!!!!! So Sorry.
ReplyDeleteOowch!! I've done that before... My injuries weren't as bad, but hitting your head that hard hurts!!!! Hope u feel better soon
ReplyDeleteOoh...that looks painful! Merry Christmas Maile family!!
ReplyDeleteI am only laughing because it reminded me when you picked up that big old stinky deaf dog and it bit your face! :) This looks like a little bit bigger of a gash! OWWWWIIIIEEE!! So did you get that tooth fixed. Tooth aches rival with head gashes, but liver and kidney transplants are probably the worst. You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteouch!!! sorry abby!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU for coming to Seti's funeral, it was so great to see you again and to see the girls, they are super cute. misty let me know at the burial that you said goodbye, she also told me about your stitches!!! i hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and do something fun for New Years. I think of you and the girls all the time and think of Naki too. All our love, Mailes in St. George xoxo