Friday, October 16, 2009

Naki

This is Katie - Abby's little sister. I am just logging on to let those of you who don't yet know that Naki passed away early this morning. I'll let Abby post later with details or whatever she sees fit.
This is a terrible heartbreaking loss. Naki was a great loving man, brother, son, husband, and father. He will truly be missed and it's going to take some time to adjust to this horrible change. But for now, Abby and her girls are devastated and in shock. They are doing as good as could be expected. Here in Orem we are working on funeral arrangements and will post and let all of you know when and where. For those of you that want to help. . . The girls are really in shock and need some quiet loving attention from their mom and close family. Abby is amazing and strong and truly showing her strength.

We have set up a bank account for donotions for their little family - they are going to need them. For those of you who would like to help - this is truly what they need at this time.
You can call or go to Wells Fargo and donate to the account under the "Naki Maile Family.

Please please pray for this family.

Katie

55 comments:

  1. So, SO sorry for your loss! I just can't even believe how you girls must be feeling. Many prayers coming your way.

    Our most sincere condolences,
    Kiley Daines
    (Cassie's sis-in-law)

    PS I've posted a link to your blog on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby and girls,

    So sorry for your loss. You will be in all of our prayers for many days to come.

    Sincerely,

    Vincent, Nikki, and Kiara Xanthos

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so sorry for your loss. We are thinking and praying for comfort for you and the girls. Naki is an amazing father and we are blessed to have known him. He is a great example of treauring what you have.
    Thinking of you,
    The Beard's (fellow ward members)
    Jason, Stephanie, Carson, Abby and Logan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked with Naki and most of our conversations were always about Abby and the girls, his face would glow each time he told me about them.
    I am very sorry for your loss,my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers. God bless.
    Ron from the islands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby,

    Ben & I are so so sorry to hear about Naki. I can't imagine what you must be going through, but please know that we are praying for you every day.

    Even through my tears, that smile of his is still infectious. I will forever remember that great big smile. And I have always looked up to him for the kind of spouse, father & friend he's been to all.

    I pray that God will hold you in his arms & will bless you with His peace. Hugs to you & your girls.

    Love,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby and girls,
    We love you so much. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Naki was such a tremedous example to us. His smile, friendship and love will be missed.
    Love,
    The Fronk Family
    Earl, Teri, Spencer, Brayden, Andraia and Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have always looked to you as such great examples of love, strength, and kindness. Naki will be truly missed by all who had the honor to know such an amazing man. We will miss his smile and his adoring look of love for you and your girls. We love you all so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abby,
    I don't know that I have ever known a man as good as Naki. I will always Love hima and be grateful for his great example to me and many oters. Naki will always be watching over you and the girls. We love you. We will never forget Naki's Legacy. This world is truly a better place because of Naki's presence.

    The Eddie Keele family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abby,
    Our sincere condolences to your beautiful family. We're praying that you will find the comfort & guidance that you need to carry you through.
    Love
    The Taylors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abby, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so sorry to hear about your loss. In the short time we were in your ward, you, Naki, and your darling girls made an impact on my life not easily forgotten.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and the girls.
    Love,
    Myron and Ku'uipo Vea and girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know words do not describe the difficult situation. Our family along with the many others are praying for your family and will always remember the legacy of our friend Naki. Thanks Naki for being the kind of person we should all look to be!

    ReplyDelete
  15. please donate for these girls in naki's honor

    nakifamily.com

    no amount is too small

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abby, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other, but I’ve been keeping up with you and your family through your blog and the Davis family site. I never met Naki, but I could feel, through your posts and his comments, that he was an incredible man. My heart is breaking for you right now. How wonderful that you have an amazing family to lean on, and I’ve been praying that all of you will be able to find comfort, peace, and strength through this trial. I send my love to all of you. Jill Peper

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are sitting here in a state of shock. Words cannot express the sorrow that we are feeling right now. Naki was the best! We will forever keep you in our prayers. We wish we could be there to comfort you in your time of need. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Give a hug to each of the girls and Abby for us.

    Love/ The Huberts.
    Greg, Tammy, Alexa, Nathan, Sarah, Zach, Scott, and Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are friends with Russ & Jackie. Though we have never met your sweet family, we can feel the love you have for one another. We wish we could do more to help you at this time. Know that even complete strangers are praying for you. May God's comfort carry you at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are so sorry for your loss. We love your family even though we don't know you as well as we'd like to. You have been great examples to us!! Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Abby, I am so sorry for the loss of Naki. I love your family along with a ton of other people! Please know that you will never be alone and that Naki will always be with you! Heavenly Father loves you and your precious little girls. Our prayers are with you and the girls.
    Love, Kevin, Heather, Kalin, Khloe, Riley, and Taig Arledge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Naki was the perfect example of a wonderful father. I could tell just by the way he looked at each and everyone one of them. He had so much love for them that it will last a lifetime.

    I will never forget Naki's wonderful example of not only a father, but a friend, nieghbor and husband. And I pray for you Abby, to help you through this time. My heart goes out to you and your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am deeply sorry for your loss. May God bless your family. Naki was truly a great man! I've been thinking about him a lot since I heard the news.

    I used to play with him at the Y on the offensive line. We worked out together and became great friends. I recently flew down to the Florida State game and went on the field and saw Naki and talked to him for about 15 minutes catching up on things. I am truly shocked as everyone else is. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, may God bless you with comfort until you see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Brousseau FamilyOctober 18, 2009 at 11:27 AM

    Abby (and all the beautiful Maile girls)...

    We are going to miss Naki so much! We are sorry that this happened. Your family has always been such a great example to us of pure love, service, and kindness. We'll never forget seeing Naki with a carload of girls making a fun run to the library. Everyone was so happy to be there together. Naki was a great husband, father, friend, son, and brother. We love you, we pray for you, and we know that you have a forever family!

    Love, Mike, Tracy, Chris, Maddie, Steve, and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Last week Naki and three of your girls sang at my grandfather's funeral (Andrew Johnson). It was beautiful and I could feel the love of your family. Naki really struggled to get through the song and you could strongly feel his spirit. I was also touched to learn from my family how much your family has done for my grandparents and what a wonderful part of their lives you all have been. I was so saddened to hear of Naki's passing. I know he is with my grandpa now and they are planning together how to take care of their families from up above.

    Please know that our entire family is praying for you!

    Love

    Jonyce Bullock

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my dear Maile Family. My husband Silver Brown found his obituary in the paper and was shocked. He only met him a few times between mutual friends and said what a great guy he was. As a wife and mother I was sick to my stomach. I went straight to the computer to find out more about you all. I have sat here and cried reading all your adorable family posts. I HOPE AND PRAY that peace is among you and your sweet family. GOD BLESS YOU ALL, YOU ARE AN ETERNAL FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Abby,I'm so sorry for your loss . Naki is a great father and eternal companion . When I heard a news it's a hit me hard to feeling. As a mom ,friend, neigbour just behind your house and visiting teachee I feel so so sorry .
    I'm looking forward to see you ,able to hug you and talk to you I 'm anxiously waiting that moment. I know that now you and the girls are need time to rest and relax ,also family's there . Today was church day I was looking for you specially Naki . Because he's always take one of the girl to the hall walk and sit down you konw but he's not there anymore just couldn't believe it. I'm glad opportunity know that Heavenly Father's plan and I konw that families will be together forever. I'm crying and feeling your pain. Abby I love you and your beautiful girls . I'm happy that comfort you and able to help you anyway we can . I know that we will.

    love Lana ,Dan ,Edmond and Taka

    ReplyDelete
  27. Abby and girls,

    I am so, so sad to hear of Naki's passing.

    I have great memories of working with you (Abby) and Naki - Naki was the best - he always had a smile and I know he loved life to the fullest.

    As a child I lost my dad too, and what a comfort it was to know that I would be re-united with him again someday.

    Our prayers and love with be with you all.

    Ginger and Boys

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't know you personally, but through face book friends I read about the passing of Naki. I just want you to know that we are praying for you and your girls at this time. Looking at your blog, Naki was nothing short of a perfect husband and father. Our thoughts and prayers remain with you.
    Angie Taukei'aho

    ReplyDelete
  29. Abby, I have been crying for you and just can't get you off my mind. Our family prayers are with you and the girls. Please let me help in anyway. I know you are a strong woman with an extra ordinary strong faith. Pete and I would love to do anything we can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Abby, we are so very sorry. Naki is a great man that touched so many lives. I will always remember him as a man who loved his wife and girls sooo much, who loved the gospel, who loved to work and serve, and who loved to laugh and smile. I hope you can see we all love you and your girls. Our prayers for you will not cease for a very long time, and we are only able to stop the sadness and tears with comfort in knowing you will be united with your sweet husband in heaven and be together for eternity.

    The Warden Family

    ReplyDelete
  31. Abby and girls,

    Naki was a dear friend and colleague. He was probably one of my best friends at work and a good example of the kind of priesthood leader and father I wanted to be. I'm very hurt and have thought about him every hour since my coworkers called me with the news. I often times space out in the middle of something and forget what I'm doing as I think about our last conversations, mostly about his love for your and his family. I know that your family's hurt and devestation are infinitely worse than my own for his loss and the impact more significant and far reaching. I will pray for your family and your well-being. I now have a committment to take the best that Naki has taught me to be a better man for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Abby, Justin and I are so saddened to hear of Naki's passing. He is an extraordinary man and you are his equal in every way. Please know that you are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers. I pray you can feel Naki's presence, love, and support when you need it most. Love and hugs to you and your beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I served with Naki in Ft. Worth, and no other missionary affected me quite the way he did. Such an example, tremendous heart, and unbelievably powerful spirit. My families heart and prayers are with you all. I know Naki will always be with you, his love for your beautiful family is evident in so many ways and will continue as he watches over you from above.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I grew up in St. Petersburg, Florida and had the chance to know Naki as a young boy. He was amazing then too. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet family. My husband is also related to Steven Daines and he knew Naki as a teenager. Abby, Please give our love to Maati, Tisa, Rex, Jr., and Ruby too! We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

    Rebecca (Maiden name Harman), Branden & the Baltich family

    ReplyDelete
  35. We are Naki's neighbors. Naki was an amazing man. This is a great loss.

    From the year 2004 we have moved up to this neighborhood, he drops in occasionally to say a 'hi'. Abby and Naki had a special heart for us because we dont have children. They invite us for the kids' birth days and family get together every year. We remember once he invited us for a Hawaiian culture program. We remember Naki & Abby visiting us last Halloween with all his kids.

    We are not LDS. Whenever we had a chance to spare time with Naki, we have see him to be very sincere in his human spirit to love us and show his best laughing. He loved us without any motive of converting us to his faith, but he loved us because of his love for Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  36. we are so sorry for your loss.He was a great man, and I know right now it is hard but please know Heavenly Father needed him. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. From a great byu football player, to a great husband, father, brother, friend and leader. Naki will surely be missed. it is so sad to leave the girls behind and you Abby, but you are surrounded by many who love and care for you. Heavenly Father will take care of him now. He can join all the greats who have already returned to heaven. We pray for you all, and hope over time your hearts will heal. Naki will watch you now from heaven. Please lean on all of us to help and comfort you, and his darling little angels. Daddy loves you and has gone for a short time, but he will always watch over and love you from heaven. When you feel warm you will know it is him hugging you. When the drops of rain and snow fall from the sky you will know,it is him blowing you raspberry kisses. Much love to all of you. May the Lord watch over and protect you, and give you the peace that you are searching for.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Abby and girls

    I want you to know that my life has been blessed from knowing your husband & father. Although I don't know you girls as much, I hope that our path's will cross so that I can one day share some of the funny and beautiful times I had with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  39. To the dear Maile girls,

    We are so deeply saddened by the tragic loss of your wonderful husband and father. I hope you will find comfort in the knowledge that Naki was an inspiration to so many of us. I remember his great kindness towards myself and my family in everything from inviting us to family events to always having the time to stop and chat with me about myself and my interests. I would often join him out in the hall during sacrament meeting at church; him with one of you girls on his lap, and me with one of mine. I am naturally shy, but I never had a problem talking with Naki because he was always so genuinely warm and open. Indeed, I would often end up in conversation with Naki when I should have been listening to one of the speakers. Whoops.

    As I read back through your family's blog I am ever more deeply impressed by his devotion and priorities. His legacy is his friends and family and the way he has changed our lives for the better. I am determined to become a better husband, father and friend because of Naki. If I can leave a legacy of love as half as grand as his I will be content.

    We pray and think about you constantly; may your grief be swallowed up by Him whose peace surpasses all understanding.

    With love,
    The Dolman Family (Ben, Barb, Josie, Claire, Benjamin)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Abby...You guys have been on my mind non stop since we got the phone call early Friday morning. Sorry we didn't come by to see you that day. Please know that you are in our constant thoughts and prayers. I wanted to write a little to you while this was fresh on my mind...

    A couple days prior to Naki's passing I was talking to my sister about being frustrated with parenting woes and I said you know, " I know one girl that I want to emulate, her name is Abby." I continued to tell her about your never ending love and patience that you ALWAYS express to your girls and dear husband. You guys are a golden family, and I feel so blessed to be a part of it! Thank you thank you for your sweet example. I am devastated yet comforted at the same time, thank goodness that we have the knowledge we do. Naki is in a better place, and he will be with you!

    One of my favorite memories of Naki, is at the park every summer he was usually the first one to go down the big man made slip-n-slide with JR. and all the kids around them! He was a magnet to everyone around him!

    I love you and the girls so much Abby. If anyone can be a mom to 6 sweet girls there is no one better than you!

    Families Are Forever! :)

    Love you ~ Heather (Frank and kiddos)

    ReplyDelete
  41. My Dearest Abby,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Naki. My heart goes out to you. Our thoughts & prayers are with you & your girls ... Much love to you.
    (HUG)
    Love,
    Marc, Julie (Guisewhite), Adelaide & Isaac Novia

    ReplyDelete
  42. Abby,

    I heard of your husband's passing. Even though we have lost touch since high school, I just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my prayers. You always had incredible strength and I know you have always held tight to your faith. May you and the girls find God's comfort and grace.

    Leanne (Wilkins) Stibbard

    ReplyDelete
  43. Abby,

    We are so sorry to hear about your husband Naki. We send our love and support to you through our thoughts and prayers. May God's love surround you.

    All our love,
    Nate, Laurie (Vogt), Alyssa and Andrew Boob

    ReplyDelete
  44. Abby and girls...
    You know all the wonderful things Naki was and his legend will live forever in all of you! Our hearts and prayers are with you always..

    Love The Feinga's

    ReplyDelete
  45. OH my goodness Abby. I am so very sorry. What else can I do. I am so so very sorry for your loss. We have the information going around the State College emails for the account and donations. There are so many here that love and remember you. The Miller's hearts go out to as well. I wish I could do something anything. I will. I will keep you in my prayers everyday for as long as you need it. Eternally yours. The Housers. Mark and Trish

    ReplyDelete
  46. As a co worker and friend, I observed Naki as a dedicated and hard worker. I jokingly called him the "true Jamaican" for having 2 jobs and always on the look out for a third.

    From this blog, I can tell that he had a heaven of a home to return to on a day to day basis. Thank you for sharing your family blog with a passer byer. Bless each and every one of your hearts.

    I'm sure Naki is on the other side working and serving others in 2 or three different gigs.

    This time will pass and you will be with him again.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Abby,
    There are not words...we just want you to know that you and your darling girls are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Abby and girls,

    I know it's been a long time since I've seen you, Abby, but I want you to know that you and your family has been in my thoughts and prayers almost constantly since hearing of your husband's passing. My heart breaks for all of you. You have and amazing, strong, wonderful family to lean on...and may you find comfort in your memories.

    God Bless,
    Becky (Wolfe) Palm

    ReplyDelete
  49. hi. my husband attended naki's funeral today and came home and said how special you (Abby) must be as he was so touched with the story your bishop told of you when he arrived at the hospital. how you said you felt peace with everything. we talked about you and your girls all day today. gene was on the fantasy football team with naki and loved him - they were friends from ricks and my sister also was friends with naki at ricks. you and your girls are in our prayers forever.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Just like everyone else said, Abby, I willl put you in my prayers everyday. And, every month, when I get my $50 dollars when I get my money, my money that comes to my account will come to you! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  51. Tim and I read every comment and this thought was pre-eminent for me...(Line, this might be exciting for you to think about)...Naki, it is obvious by the life he led here, is fully qualified to walk right up to Joseph Smith and give him the hugest hug...which I suspect is EXAXCTLY what he did!! Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete
  52. Joe and Kathy BrousseauNovember 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM

    Abby,
    We have loved you both since we first met you at Matt and Katie's wedding celebrations.You always exuded a forever love that I know continues even in death.
    We love you and will continue to be there for you always.
    So sorry . Joe and Kathy Brousseau

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am now in Heaven.
    The gates have opened wide.
    And now I have the priviledge
    Of walking by His side.
    The angel choir is singing.
    And the music is so sweet;
    I'll join them just as soon as
    I have worshipped at His feet.

    I am now in Heaven,
    The blood washed throng is here.
    I recognize a lot of them,
    There's not a single tear.
    There's joy beyond description
    And reunions by the score;
    There'll be no separations,
    For we'll be here evermore.

    I am now in Heaven.
    Please wipe away your tears.
    I've fought the battle, run the race,
    I'm rid of all my fears.
    There is no pain or sorrow here,
    The heartaches now are past;
    I've read and sung of Heaven,
    And now I'm here at last!

    Poem, I Am Now In Heaven
    Thank-you Naki for your legacy. WE love you! :)

    I am now in Heaven,
    And Oh, the Place is Grand!
    No one could ever tell me
    All the beauties of this land.
    Since I cannot describe it,
    You'll have to come and see
    That it was worth the trials
    To live here for eternity!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. i miss him a lot.... from kaden

    ReplyDelete