I've been trying to figure out how to form the words that will adequately describe how I've been feeling towards all those whose love for Naki, myself, and our girls has been showered on us, and "there has not been room enough to receive it". I am astounded and incredibly humbled as I've watched all of you give tirelessly of your time, your money, your thoughtfulness, your prayers, your food, your talents, your patience, your understanding, your faith, and your love to my little family. I know that Naki is so incredibly touched as well...he loves you all and has served you the best way he knows how; by loving you. And I know that he is so proud to be able to call you all friends as he's watched you lift up and love all of his girlies. Line, Malia, Lose, Eli, Eva, Ane, and myself only hope to be able to carry on that legacy of love that he and now all of you have taught us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...Love, Abby
For all of you that read this and know of someone who has served our family but won't get the chance to read this, could you please forward our message of thanks on to them? I want to make sure everyone who has given of themselves knows what it means to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My husband worked at the state HOspital with Naki (Nick Jarvis) for a few years and since he passed I have been reading up on the many sites set up for your family plus your blog. Im a blogger myself so I love to read how people are doing. I want you to know that I have read your sweet words about your husband and eternal companion. I admire your testimony and love for the gospel. I admire your strength for your beautiful daughters and well, your strength for your Naki. He wouldnt want your life to be any less because he's gone and you are such a great example of the term "Pressing forward." You set a great example to everyone, and even me, someone you dont even know. Your family has been on my mind and in my heart even though I do not know you-my heart has grown to love your family, even Naki.
ReplyDeleteThis doesnt compare in anyway, but a year ago my mother passed away--however she was sick so it wasnt by any means a surprise like it was to you all to lOose Naki. I want to tell you though, after conference this last time I watched a talk inbetween the sessions about mourning the loss of a loved one. I cant remember the woman who spoke but she left me with a very comforting quote: "We never stop mourning or else we'd stop loving." Ever since my mother passed away I felt bitter because I needed her. I felt I needed her to be the grandmother of my children, I needed her advise when a recipe went wrong ect ect..... but she was gone. I felt bitter and mad that every one else had thier mommies but me. However, I finally realized that maybe I wasnt bitter, but I was mourning and thats ok. I have stopped being what I thought was "bitter" and just realized that I really just love and miss my mom and thats ok. Im So grateful you have taught your girls that its ok to cry and be sad. That is such a great lesson to teach your girls because that just teaches them that they Love thier Father and that should never change. You never have to put a time limit on healing a broken heart from a loss. That is not Our Father in Heavens plan-I know that he wants you to smile and be happy and then on the other hand your hearts swell and miss Naki. Its all apart our Saviors plan. Thank you for sharing your words and testimony. I will be praying for your family and your healing hearts. Thank Goodness for the Plan of Salvation--Ive always been so grateful for it, but even more so when I lost my mamma. Families can be together forever. I love the words from the Hymn, HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION....."Fear not I am with thee, Oh be not dismayed, For I am thy God and will still give Thee Aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand........"
Best Wishes and Love from a stranger.
-Amera Jarvis
Abby
ReplyDeleteI love you love you sooo much. You're such an admirer and strong person ever in the earth. When you're HAPPY I'm happy too.
So we will do a lot of activity together you know shopping , having luch or dinner together , movies etc...
Just let you know "I'm happy to help you around the house anytime too and I'm not far from you he he. Let me know anytime is perfect for me.
Thanks for being my friend Abby I love you so much
Love Lana Shipp
Abby, I have a book reccomendation for you. When I was going through a lot of loss...it helped me very much. It is called "The Uses Of Adversity" it was written by Carlfred Broderick. You can find it online and because it was a talk it only takes an hour to read. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Abby I wanted to tell you that Friday night a group of us that worked with Naki at the State Hospital got together to remember our dear friend, we shared great stories..the funny things and the great things that he did,some people even came out of State! that's how much we all love him.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your example, for your testimony, for sharing your deepest thoughts with us, you might never know how much you are impacting other peoples lives by doing so. I always pray for you, that you will find the patience until the day comes to meet with Nox again. You are loved by many directly and through Naki and you and the girls will not be left alone.
Abby Dearest,
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazingly strong woman and I admire you so much. I've been reading your posts and you are extremely inspiring. Being someone who needs to grieve in private, I haven't known what to say or do, so I've kept my distance. I want to barge in and clean your house, do your laundry and hug you and your girls.... but I don't know if that will help. So just know that I am here. I am always, always here.
Abby,
ReplyDeleteThanks again for sharing with us. It was so nice to chat with you on the phone for a bit this morning. Here I was trying to call and offer support for you and came away feeling like you had supported me. I meant what I said. We are here for ANYTHING you need. Hugs, chocolate, tissues, distraction, time for yourself..........you name it, we're here to provide.
Love,
Teri
Abby, I have become your blog stalker,lol.I am Mistys cousin Lisa. Not sure you remember me,but I sure remember you. My heart is broken for your little family as well as Nakis. I never knew what a great husband and father he truley was until reading your writings. Your loss has made me appreciate what is right in front of me and has been all along...Thank you for that... Now I want to give something back to you. I am a state licensed daycare provider, I would love to watch your girls one Saturday a month, absolutely free for as long as you need me too. I know right now you don't want them far from you, but there may come a day when you need some alone time. I will arrange for their cousins to come as well so they will have familiar faces here, I also have two gilries of my own close to Line and Malias age that would love to come and have them play:)I've wracked my brain thinking what can I do for this WONDERFUL mother, what would I need, and if my sweet husband was gone, It might just be a little break now and then, just to breathe and reflect. Please let me help you when that time comes, All the love and respect in the world Abby, keep up the good work. 801-636-8038 Lisa Wilkinson
ReplyDeleteThank you and I'd rather just be there with you guys...bye now! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim
ReplyDeleteHey, Abby! Carlfred Broderick had a son who lived in our State College Ward. He and his wife...I can't remember their first names... Anyway, it would be interesting to read what he wrote...Love, mom/gma
ReplyDelete