Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter Eggs




Coloring Easter Eggs is always so much fun. The funny thing is that when you start to have more than 2 or 3 kids, you realize that you're going to be eating some hard boiled eggs for a little while because they all enjoy coloring the eggs so much that you have to make sure you have plenty for everyone. We just barely finished eating them last night for dinner. I remember smashing them all up for egg salad sandwiches for dinner when I was a kid. It was always a little strange seeing the pastel colors in our egg salad from the dye that got through some of the shell to the egg white, but tasted good nonetheless. We decided to just slice up the eggs and eat them as a snack instead.




Umm, what can I say...it's Malia! She was enjoying the vinegar smell a bit too much.


I was home without Naki during the only window of time that I had before Easter to do the eggs, so I stuck Ane in her crib during that period of time. Wasn't her usual nap time, but it made things a bit easier. She graced us with her lovely cheerful napped presence at the very end.



3 comments:

  1. That was totally fun! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was delighted to see the loveliest yellow egg finally made a secure landing...truly...chasing that egg was the best part of the video! Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss coloring Easter eggs. I think next year we will do some here, just for fun. Thanks for the memories! Dad

    ReplyDelete