Friday night she made a nummy dinner for us to take to the library for an outdoor concert they were having. As we sat listening and eating, some dark clouds rolled in, threatening rain and a good storm. It never came. Instead we lucked out with a cool breeze and a visual treat for the eyes that were so common to me as a child I'd forgotten just how much I've missed seeing them...lightening bugs. I hadn't realized that the girls had never actually seen one in person! I felt just like a child, running around trying to capture one for them to hold. By the time the concert had finished, the clouds had passed and the sun had made it impossible to see their lights anymore, but we knew they and their magic were still out there. I hope to see them again soon.




Here is a video of the girls catching one. I've been using my phone as a camera and a video camera, and I keep forgetting that I have to hold the camera a certain way or it ends up being sideways...

I saw fireflies for the first time this summer too! It was definitely one of my top favorite experiences.
ReplyDelete-Alissa (Knaphus) Huntsman
You know that's on my to do list....item #42 to be exact. What a fun and unique experience for your girls!!
ReplyDeleteSO THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE!!?? In OHIO...FIREFLY HUNTING!!:)
ReplyDeleteOh How JEALOUS am I!!?? I totally understand about you missing catching lightning bugs. I do too! You are so lucky to have shared such a wonderful memory with your girls!
Thank you, for blogging and keeping us up-dated about your adventures! I AM SOOO HAPPY that you are having this amazing time with your sister! AND that you FLEW THERE!! The only way to go with that sort of distance traveling;)
Catch a jarful of fireflies for me please:)
AS always...
SO MUCH LOVE and SO MANY HUGS!!
Gairyn