Oh my word. You should have seen us. It was so enjoyable for me to just banter back and forth with these two stinkers. Line was the most freaked about how much it would hurt and ended up being the most chill about it. Malia on the other hand, was the one who gave Line the hardest time about being nervous, and then ended up shedding a few tears during her turn...you can see her ducking her head at one point. The girls were each other's photographer.
These growing up moments surprise me. When these changes occur as a result of the girls growing up, I want so badly for Naki to be there to celebrate them with us. I crave being able to hear his voice teasing back to the girls and just being physically present. Although I am unable to adequately find the words that will express the feeling I have after we've completed an event that went smoothly and was cheerful, in this case the girls' first eyebrow waxing, I know that even though I didn't see him or hear him, he was an active participant. The times that I don't feel like this are the times when there is contention and when it seems like everyone is arguing and/or crying. In this case, it was just the weirdest experience, to know that even though we did something again without him, somehow we didn't. It doesn't even make sense to try and explain. I think part of it is feeling him through the girls and the things they say and the expressions on their faces as they say it, that I know he would so enjoy. Sometimes it really does feel like I didn't do it alone even though to the eye it appears that way.

I don't know why I didn't see this post before!! But I am seeing it now and it gives my heart such warmth to hear your thoughts about your waxing experience. How you know that Naki was there with you is wonderful to hear. I know that what you feel is right on point. You don't need to explain. We all understand. I am glad that you are able to have that knowledge and I wanted to verify that what your saying DOES make perfect sense. You are still so connected to him and he to you. Perhaps, an unseen bonus of Eternal Marriage that not many know or recognize.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your thoughts and hearts' story so freely with all of us readers! As amazing as you know your husband is, is EXACTLY how AMAZING you are!
SO MANY HUGS AND SOO MUCH LOVE ALWAYS FOR YOU!!
These girls are so beautiful and so much fun, too. They are growing up right before our eyes.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.service-1.org/product,75925,eyebrow-razor-lady-shaver.html Check out this website for the Chinese eyebrow razor...very safe to use and eliminates the need for tweezers...and way less painful...great in-between-waxing cleanup tool...!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo cute and it is nice to see a picture of you!
ReplyDeleteI love love reading your blog entries, and I can never really put my feelings into words after reading. Just know that I feel so close to you even if physically I'm not and I love how beautiful those girls are...inside and out. Just like you.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure. The facial expressions on ALL of you are hilarious. In one picture, it looks like Malia is about to pop you in the face, ha ha! I have noticed a subtle difference in your writing lately and I love to see how Naki has been able to in some measure rejoin the day to day routines of the seven lovely Maile girls. Love you.
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me. My friend told me to read your blog. My husband was killed in a plane crash 4 weeks ago, leaving me with my almost four year old daughter. I have read back through your post in 2009 when your husband was taken. I hope that doesn't bother you. Your words have given me comfort. Some proof that I'm not crazy-that someone else thinks and feels the same things as me. You inspired me to put my journal-something I've been keeping very close-on my blog. And that has helped somewhat. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm doing this with one girl. I can't imagine doing it with six. You are amazing.
ReplyDelete