I have two days worth of dishes and a weeks worth of laundry, sitting and staring at me, waiting for me to do them. The question is, when? I'm not sure what's happening, but I have zilch energy for anything. With the exception of last night, I've fallen asleep around 7:30 for about 4 or 5 nights in a row. Just crashed, without even realizing it until I wake up around 1 or 2 in the morning on the couch. I get Ane and Eva in bed before that, so it's just the four older girlies sitting up, either reading or watching tv at night, and I just fall asleep sitting with them. I. Am. Tired. This is not me whining, but instead it's kind of a question out loud...Can I get it together? Those dishes and laundry are not going to wash themselves, and my daily schedule is now such that I have no catch up days. I either do it daily or it piles up. So, I'm about to put them to bed right now and I can barely keep my eyes open, and I know I won't do it after they go to sleep, because I'm going to bed too.
I'm considering taking the afternoon off tomorrow from all of our responsibilities just because I need a day of nothing, and I haven't had one of those for a while. You know, the kind of day where everyone is just wandering sweetly from activity to activity while I clean up around here.
I'm considering it. Is that bad? I need to get my energy levels back up. All I want to do all day every day is sleep. This frustrates me. I thought I was past this...guess not.
Suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think you deserve a day off! PLEASE, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Even if it's to come over and watch your girls while you get your stuff done or take a nap, or I love doing dishes!Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI think Pres. Uchtdorf said it best when he said, "Let us simplify our lives a little. Let us make the necessary changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty on the simple, humble path of simple Christian discipleship. The path that leads us always toward a life of meaning, gladness, and peace."
ReplyDeleteDishes and laundry are things that just don't go away, as frustrating as that is. But maybe you can find something, anything, in your life that could be taken out of the mix. You definitely deserve an afternoon or evening off!! A little birdy told me you had an offer of help...maybe it's time to take them up on that...even if it's just time to do those awful, dreaded dishes and laundry!
Hi Abby, I'm Janice (a cousin of Naki's on Aunty Tisa's side). I can only imagine the spiritual and emotional roller coaster you are on. Of course, with all of our energy spent on those matters ~ we become physcially tired. So give yourself a break (meaning don't be hard on yourself!) because you are doing such an amazing job despite what you are deal with daily.
ReplyDeleteMy brother passed away a year before Naki and he left 4 children for my sister (sil) to raise. She struggles with it and yet manages to get through her day, one day at a time. I admire how you stay close to the Lord.. somehow that eases the burden of the pains and also offers peace unfeigned. It's not be left unsaid that raising 6 children on your own is a huge responsibility and know it or not the burden is heavy on your shoulders, so be tired. Your strength will come when you are ready.
I am a mother of 6 children also and know how much the everyday "wear and tear" of life can get and my husband is a big help! So, kudos to you for what you do get done and just know that unfortunately for us Moms, tomorrow brings more dishes, laundry, and toy pick-ups!
I just wanted you to know, from mother to mother, you are doing an amazing thing with the test you have been given in this life. You lift me up and help me on my way ~ and you don't even know it!
*smiles!
btw, I found your blog on Mona's. hope you don't mind! =)
ReplyDeleteWell...two suggestions come to mind...both from my experience of incorporating these suggestions from others. 1. Don't put it down, put it away! (Which I interpreted to mean push a little harder at the moment...just before scriptures, just after breakfast, just after school, etc....to avoid the paralyzing pile-up that strangles forward progress. 2. USE PAPER PLATES AND CUPS! While these suggestion contriute to a house of order...a house of order is a personal interpretation. Set your OWN standard and then the effort to reach it will more naturally be self-generated... Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeleteI think a famous man once said "just do it." I think he meant for you to take a day off now and then.
ReplyDelete