Sunday, September 19, 2010

Returning to the Blogging World

In July I decided it was time to see some very much missed family in Northern Idaho. When I returned, my internet refused to cooperate every time I wanted to use it. That does not make for a very good relationship. My modem and I had several lovely arguments about why it should be behaving much better than it was, but still, it wouldn't work. After going back and forth on the phone with our provider many, MANY, times, I gave up. My dear friend came over and looked at it for me, and it was decided that no amount of arguing would make it buck up and cooperate. It was time to just get a new one. I am so so so happy to say that I am returning to the blogging world, having missed it greatly. I must admit, it's amazing what one can accomplish when you don't have the internet as an option. We have had a crazy fun summer, filled with more than enough ups and downs. How refreshing to be able to admit that for the girls there have absolutely been more ups. We just returned from our Florida Fireside trip last week, where we had the best time. I am posting briefly, since we're doing cake and presents today for our September girlies and we still have things to do for it, but wanted you to see one of the most happiest faces ever. Here is one of the only video clips that I managed to get while in Disney World, but it is a doozy. Ginny and I laughed so hard after watching it over and over and over, that our cheeks hurt afterwards. There have been times over the last 11 months when I wasn't sure I'd ever see such pure happiness from this baby of mine again after all she's been through.

16 comments:

  1. Welcome Back!!!! I can't wait to read more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!! I missed your posts!
    That video is so cute, I enjoyed her immensly at Joy School the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun is fun no matter where, when, or how. So glad to see her so happy,

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweetheart she is! It is wonderful to see her smiling and enjoying that small moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have missed your posts greatly. I am happy to see your family is doing well and we think and pray for you often. Much love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful! nice video!
    I am so glad you are back, MISSED YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I see you often I'm still glad you're back to blogging! Your posts always inspire me!!

    That video of Eva is so dang cute! It's so good to see her so happy! I kept asking her what her favorite ride at Disney World was and she would list all of the characters she saw and I could just see in her eyes how much fun she had. I'm so glad that you and the girlies got to go to that happy place. You know it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all wish for that HAPPY and SO SWEET smile one your sweet babies faces. I know that you ups and downs will only be precious memories that you will forever look upon. A trip like that to see the many places you and Naki dreamed of would be difficult, but you DID IT! No longer a dream. You know where he came from, what he was about and where YOUR FAMILY ROOTS are grown from. How great for you all. Many Many Many prayers are being sent your way. Glad you are blogging again giving us all the daily push to be better people and live the life GOD has presented to us. YOU ARE ME HERO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! I hadn't realized how much your blog was a vital part of my morning routine until you were "gone" for two months. You are an inspiration! So glad you're back and had a great summer with your girlies. Eva's video was delightful! Such pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering what happened to you! It is good to see the smiling face on the video. I am so glad you had fun in Florida. Wish we could have gone, but maybe next time. Glad you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to see you back on here. It was good to meet you in St. Pete. I am happy your little family had a good time here in florida! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh good! I was beginning to worry that you had stopped blogging for good. I love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abby I'm so happy for you and the girls that you were able to do some fun things through the summer months. Hope life gets into a great routine for you now that school has started. I find that routine is good for me and staying busy gets me through all the rough days.I drive school bus and all my kids make me happy, they have have also been a huge part in my road to getting by. I made it through the year mark in Aug.It was the few weeks working up to that date that was very hard. I know I can't change what happened, so every day I have no choice but to try and make the best of each day. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit Into this new life that's been dumped on me .
    I can't begin to tell you how much your blog has helped me through my own grieving . You and your girls are such sweet hearts. Your words are powerful. I don't know you but I can tell your amazing, and stronger than you think. Your also a wonderful mom, the way you take care of things that happen with your little ones. My 4 children are older and I do have grand children My dear husband of 30 years was taken from us because of a very freak accident that happened at our home just three months after he had retired.
    My daughters good friend knows you and told my daughter to get me to read the things you had to say. Right from the beginning I knew just what you were going through I just couldn't put it into words like you could. I've missed reading your blog you've been such an inspiration to a lot of people, so welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad see how much fun you and the girls had. We think of you often.

    Love,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you are writing again...the interruption will be interesting to explore in your book. It is so validating to read the comments from those who both share in your journey and depend on your insights and victories...Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete
  16. The giggles in the BACKGROUND of the video are also very lovely. Welcome back, my friend. I have dearly missed you.

    ReplyDelete