Then there are times like this...an illusion of sorts. I assume all are peacefully sleeping in their beds, tucked away all safe and sweet. Imagine the shock to find this awaiting my discovery.
I'm sure asking her to stay put so a photo could be taken does little to persuade her of my desire to have her NOT do it again some future night. But in this I've mellowed. I recognize it won't be long and I'll no longer have a little one around with the desire to line up her and her sister's shoes all mismatched when she should have been sleeping. I looked up the definition of 'mellowed' just for the heck of it, and I like how the words make me feel about myself. It said "made gentle and compassionate by age or maturity; softened". I like that. I really like it.

lol....I love this!...Really love this. The sweet little sillies.....Don't you know she was prob. in her own world as she worked so hard on her little project! I grinned and I chuckled, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE EVA!! :) She's just sooo much FUN!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the definition of "mellow". That's really cool:)
You are all amazing!
Oh how I love that definition...and just so you know...I hear snippets of that mellowing in the the tone, the meaning and the words of your voice and your heart; a mellow-beauty born of exquisite pain with grace. Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeleteI really like it, too.
ReplyDeleteI would also snap a pic- oh well, you have to live in the moment sometimes!
ReplyDeleteMellowed- I like it!
Ha ha. That picture of Eva is adorable. Now I know what you meant by gathering shoes. I love taking pictures of those kinds of things too, even if it encourages it a little. You only have a few years where that kind of thing stays cute, right? Way to go on the mellowing!
ReplyDelete