Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm a Rebel

I'm not doing the dishes today. Any of them. Naki would be shocked at my rebelious act, I'm sure. I've always been the one to insist that new dishes will just accumulate tomorrow, and so it is much wiser to just do the dishes despite being tired. But in my new reality, some other things just take priority. And today, dishes is not on the list. Oh well.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wild side! Letting the dishes sit is my regular attitude - especially now that we don't have a dishwasher...well, other than me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know that rebellious feeling all too well. Just be careful, they do accumulate faster than you think they do. Ugh! I'll come do your dishes for you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dishes for you; craft stuff cluttering my room for me! Sometimes being a "rebel" is the only choice we have to survive the duties of parenthood to maintain our sanity:) I know we'll get around to tackling those chores eventually, right? But, only after the important stuff has been tended to first. And by "important stuff", I mean the things we choose to put our energy towards that will really make us happy (like posting comments on friends blogs, FB, watching movies with the kids, etc.), so that we don't feel like our lives are ruled by the many responsibilities we have accumulated throughout adulthood. Ugh...I really need to REBEL more often....hehehe:) Thanks for the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, you are so rebellious, wicked snicker....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, if that's what it takes to be a rebel, then I'm a rebel too! Lets start a club.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait a minute... What happened to the dish washer and 6 children!!! LOL
    LOVE YOU!!
    dont worry about the dishes.. Get paper plates you wont have to worry about doing dishes ever again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll join that club! I'm a rebel when it comes to dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you don't know me but im a college student and read your blog regularly. I must say i've come among some pretty rocky points none of which compare to your loss and what youre dealing with. You inspire me in a way that is hard for me to put into words. You're one of the strongest people.. dealing with one of the hardest things. Kudos to you! You keep me going when i want to stop, im guessing the way your girlies do for you. i guess I just want to thank you for always being honest and open. I know this is your therapy but in a way its a type of therapy for me as well. Thank you seems so insignificant. I pray about you and your girlies a lot. I know Gods listening and I know I'm not the alone in those prayers about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete