...because of all of this.
On the way home from the dentist this morning the girls and I saw SO many trees with broken branches, some huge sections of the trees missing. It took me a minute to make the connection, but I rushed home as soon as I could to check on my baby trees planted just last fall. They really needed me. Although I admit to acting without thinking, not uncommon for me, I ran up to each tree and grabbed it's trunk and shook hard to get all the snow off of their sweet little baby branches. Yes, I got several snow showers. When I got back in the car, Eva exclaimed that I was too wet to be in there. Hey. At least those little trees were saved. The maple beside my house on the east side still hasn't popped back up straight, but nothing's snapped and so I'm hoping that it'll recover. The snow doesn't seem to be bothering these two monkeys.

Abby -
ReplyDeleteMy garage looks exactly the same! We don't have snow, but lots of wind and rain. Where is summer? :)
Connie
Oh, Abby your greenhouse is beautiful!! :)
ReplyDeletethe plants are beautiful. Good job!
ReplyDeleteOooo....your greenhouse is gorgeous! So are those two monkeys!!
ReplyDeletejust becareful you will see that you like having your plants inside and the next thing you do is have your house as a big green house. LOL. Your planters look wonderful by the way
ReplyDeleteI am writing to cordially invite you to my home to do my landscaping. :) I do not have your gift, but I do love how pretty plants and flowers make everything look!
ReplyDeleteI do not have a green thumb by far. I have a very brown thumb, so your house would be one of those houses that I drive by and admire. It is a talent. I think this year I am going to try and grow some tomatoes and even some pumpkins. Easy enough, right?
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Eva and Ane together. I also love the fact that you have chosen gardening as one of your favorite hobbies. Working with living things; nurturing them, tending to their needs and caring for them in times of stress is wonderful therapy. I believe it is service of a sort and teaches great lessons.
ReplyDeleteSooooo...have they made it back outside...did they survive? How's the maple tree...the railing planters??? Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeletePS...just got text message of Eli's new little kitty, Charlie...I LOVE HIM...he is so lucky to be in your family!!
...I mean...SHE...little "Charlotte!" xo
ReplyDelete