Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ane

















It's hard to believe that it was our last 1 year old birthday luau. But reality is reality. We are the luckiest people because we have Ane in our family. It's ironic, since it took me the entire pregnancy plus the first 6 months of her life to accept the fact that we did in fact have a sixth child in this family. But God had a plan for us, and it is obvious that it would not be the same without our Ane-Boo.

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate her beautiful life with us. I know I didn't get to talk to everyone who came, but wanted to tell you all thank you for taking time to show Ane how loved she truly is. I was so proud of her sisters, who danced a couple of numbers in honor of Ane. Many of you might not know this, but Naki is their dancing coach. He is the one who would practice their numbers with them, ensuring that they were as ready as they could be whenever they were to dance somewhere. Needless to say, I felt inadequate for the job. Let's be honest...we know the girls didn't get their dancing gene from me, that's for sure. Thanks to Auntie Mona for stepping in and reviewing with the girls. We all appreciated it!

And truly, there would be no luau without some food! Thank you Mom, Dad, Jr, Rex, and everyone else that I know helped make all of that yummy food possible. You guys are pros at this, honestly. The cake turned out beautifully, as always...Thank you Stacie. And the music was divine. All I truly wanted to do was sit down in one place and listen to them sing. Aren't they the best? To all of my sisters who were my extra arms, thank you! Thanks to you, I came home with all of the kids that I brought with me...not one got lost. :)

10 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful pictures! It looked like the night was a great sucess. I wanted to go so bad. I am sorry we missed it. I thought about little Ane all day that day. Happy Birthday to your sweet littlest one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lotta fun! Her cake is so cute, I love it! I'm glad you kept the tradition going for the 1st b'day luaus...You're such a wonderful mother! :) Happy B'day to your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ABBY!!

    That party was so fun! :)

    I loved seeing the photos of Ane with everyone, especially, Naki! It took me back a bit when I saw them. Naki so animated, happy, and full of joy. Those pictures captured his essence so wonderfully, I half expected to see him at the party somewhere holding the Birthday girl in his arms, like he did every Sunday;) My heart sunk when I snapped back into the present and realized that he wasn't physically present. I had to choke back the tears that were welling up in my eyes, so I wouldn't draw unwanted attention. I quickly changed that frown into a smile. The emotions just hit me so suddenly, it took me completely by surprise. My heart hurts for you every time I feel those emotions, because I know if I feel this way, that you feel those same heavy emotions so much deeper and more consistently, and I am in AWE of your strength and determination in keeping it all together like you have.

    All of you Maile ladies and family did so well, in being so beautifully put together and happy for your lovely little Ane at her special luau party! I know that our family LOVED being there to enjoy her special day with you all!!

    THANK YOU!! Everyone did an AMAZING JOB!!
    SO MANY HUGS and ALWAYS SO MUCH LOVE!
    Gairyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry we couldn't be there, but we were there in spirit. Love to Ane and all the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing...I am so happy that the celebration was successful at each and every level...food, music, dance, family, memories...every level!! Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I just finally got a chance to watch the video Ben shot of your girls dancing at Ane's party. I feel SOOOO badly I missed it! They have such talent! Wow!! Way to go girlies!! What a way to honor your adorable sweet little sister. You guys are so awesome! Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Ane! So sad we missed it we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My!! you guys know how to party!!! that was one birthday party, love it!
    I just have to say it...babies with brown sugar in them are sooooo beautiful :)
    Happy Birthday Ane Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a awesome party for such a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so grateful we were invited and that we could go! Thank you! It was a great party and absolutely wonderful to see all the girls dance!

    ReplyDelete