Thursday, February 11, 2010
Stubble
Most nights and mornings I go to bed and wake up with no aches for Naki...I'm usually so exhausted I fall asleep as soon as my face hits my pillow. By aches I mean no physical aches, like wanting to feel him beside me in the middle of the night, feel his hand rub my arm when he eventually came to bed, feel him give me a kiss in my sleep, sleep with his hand resting on my hip, or feel his feet rub over the tops of mine while we sleep. But last night I just could not fall asleep. The actual physical loss and sensory ache of wanting to rest my cheek on the rise of his massive chest, feeling his stubble at the end of the day on my face, was too much for me to handle. I guess I was due for a really good cry, and trust me, I got one. I slept eventually, with the hope that when I woke it would have left me. No such luck. Can't I just have it back? I want it back so badly right now. Not when I see him when I die. I'm totally banking on the fact that we get to cuddle as immortals. So all you married ladies, cuddle up to your hubby tonight and don't take a single second of it for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks Abby!
ReplyDeleteI love all those little things and I certainly take them for granted. Thanks Abby!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, theres cuddles in heaven. Heaven ain't heaven without cuddling.
ReplyDeleteAs you know, I can't sleep well without my man there to cuddle and thanks for the reminder to not take it for granted. I think there's a whole lot of cuddling going on in heaven. When something's so good, it's gotta be in the eternities, right?
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder. I can't help but think that Naki has to be there on those hard nights...I'm sure he's aching for you just as much as you are aching for him. Your celestial cuddles will be more amazing than anything we experience here as mortals...they have to be.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wise reminder and counsel.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post! I haven't met you but my husband played at the Y with your husband:) I just LOVE your blog!
ReplyDeleteHow wise of you to cry...just cry. I send every prayer I can muster your way for moments just such as this...Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeleteAbby,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me but I think somewhere down the TONGAN LINE OF RELATIVES my mom is related to your husband. I read a few of your blogs a while ago and I come on here and there to just read your posts :) I do admire you very much even though we've never met. I'm 22 and I have three kids (4yrs-1yr) and your example and strength and just everything you blog about really helps me look at life differently. Thanks for your great example and love that you share on your blogs. We do live in Utah so hopefully we'll meet someday ;)And I definitely will think twice about the cuddles at night and try not to miss any ;)
Much Love,
Tangi Asiata
P.S.
If you ever meet any Mataele's... that would be my mom's family and the connection to your husband. Just thought I'd throw that out there :) Xoxo...