Thursday, January 14, 2010
Putting me to bed
I miss knowing that at the end of the night I can sit down in any comfy chair and fall asleep. I did this all the time, knowing that it didn't matter where I ended up because I knew that Naki would come and find me after he got home from work to bring me up to bed. He would rouse me from my sleep, which is quite ungraceful to behold, would then convince me that I needed to stand up with his assistance, and would then walk behind me, going up the different stairs needed to get me to our room. I remember some of these times and truthfully other times I would wake in the morning, get out of our bed, and not remember him walking me there. Once I could have woken fully but decided to stay a bit delirious. It is a precious memory for me. He spoke to me so patiently and gently as I weaved back and forth with each step that I took. On my occasional misstep he'd guide me from behind, making sure that I didn't run into any walls or doorframes, something I'm known to do even when awake. He even chuckled a time or two...But the best part was when we got to our room, he sat me on the side of the bed and carefully helped me change into my pajamas just as you would a child. (I can really sleep deeply...) He even removed my earrings since he knew how much I hate to sleep with them in. He would always have the covers pulled down and the extra pillows removed before he even came to find which chair I was in, so that by the time he got me upstairs it would all be waiting and ready for me. That night, as he literally tucked me in and kissed me goodnight, I knew that I had found the most amazing man to be my partner and best friend. I miss you, Babe. I really really miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Abby, my heart breaks for you. Jr. and I keep thinking of things Naki's done and said and we just cant believe we were so lucky to know him and love him. I love you so much.
ReplyDeleteI need to ask you a favor...please don't ever ever stop writing this journal! it is the most inspiring thing I have come across and it makes me want to be a better person in all areas.
ReplyDeleteI love it when you write about the sweet moments you had with Naki, maybe you could pick a day of the week that could be a "Naki day" and write about moments like this one,that way the girlies can share those stories with their own families one day ...
I can visualize the whole thing Abs, since I witnessed it myself so many times. Especially the weaving and bumping and guiding hand (and chuckling)...I consider myself supremely lucky to have lived with you and Nox for any time at all. Miss him too. XO
ReplyDeleteWhat a stud Naki was! The perfect man indeed.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Naki well- but, I do know, through you, that you two are very lucky to have each other. Hold on to those moments and let them carry you through the rest of your days.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a treasure. But beauty cleaveth unto beauty and all that jazz. He was drawn to you because your soul is as good and pure as his. This sucks, Abs.
ReplyDeleteAh well...some things that have created our joyful memories will just not ever be again in this life...I thank God for the eternal snapshot memories of those moments that no one can take from me...no one! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDelete