Saturday, November 14, 2009
Note to Self
If I don't want to send myself into a downward tailspin of despair and extreme bleakness, I probably should keep track of the days better. That way I wouldn't accidentally find myself at the jewelers, where I went to pick up the necklace I'd ordered to wear Naki's wedding ring around my neck, on a Friday night with all the engaged couples who get to have each other, hold each other, talk to each other, and kiss each other. Or I wouldn't find myself on a Friday date night at the mall where I went to see if my boots I'd ordered were ready. Note to self...keep better track of what day it is, and most definitely run those errands in the middle of the day instead of the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

good note-I am so sorry. that stinks.
ReplyDeleteGood tip. More surprises of the day...
ReplyDeleteAbby thank you for sharing your world with all of us, it has really been inspiring to read also very very helpful. My cousin and her daughter were killed two days ago leaving behind her husband and three daughters. I feel better prepared as to know what's appropriate and what not towards a mourning spouse and children. I am usually one of those people who don't know what to say and so I end up saying something really dumb to help console. Thank you Abby for sharing and I hope you don't mind me reading.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to thank you for being so open and honest. I find so much strength in reading your posts. God bless.
ReplyDeletePS Naki's service was so wonderful and touching.
this is why i order things on my dear internet... and have them DELIVERED hehehe. that's my fave... some "surprise" being delivered to my door ;)
ReplyDeleteEwwww, sorry.
ReplyDeleteAbby, Never been married I truely understand. Trust me I understand the whole thing to well. I do have to say you have 6 bonus' But yes I understand where you are coming from.
ReplyDeleteLove you Sis
Have a super day!
I'm so sorry Abby. I know I'll never understand what you're going through but I remember back before Skylar when I wanted a baby so badly and it just wasn't happening. It was so hard to go where everyone had what I didn't. My heart goes out to you.
ReplyDeleteThat necklace with Naki's ring is just beautiful!
Abby you are inspiring to many and have a great heart. He loves you and that is all you need to remember. Remember it when you are low and remember it when you are high. Death isn't easy for anyone. I am glad you are sharing your thoughts and feelings. It is a good way to survive. Give the girls kisses from all who knew her dad and loved him. He inspired so many and will always live on in the hearts of those he touched. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteGross. I can't imagine the pit you must've had in your stomach. No Friday night outings solo, NOTED. Missyouloveyouprayforyou, (yes, blended all together and said really fast)
ReplyDeleteGins
Abby-
ReplyDeleteMan, what a night! So sorry. Thank you for posting even when you don't feel like it. I pray for you continually!
Lighter note... Yay for new boots!
-Susan
that is the best idea i ever heard from you nice job. love, tim\uncle tim
ReplyDeleteI second motion the whole "buying on the internet" thing! Zappos will deliver any boots you want on you door the next morning girl....Also, I have your tile sample Gabe forgot to drop off...so sorry about that!
ReplyDeleteA moment of reflection...40 years ago, we were unexpectedly childless in a society of babies...and...as Relief Society President I "got" to take care of all of their mommies. Oh my, my heart ached with bitter disappointment...until... I decided that I wanted most of all to be a mother in eternal exaltation...so I better refine my mother-skills now...if not by personal practice, then, by observation. In time, I suspect the business of observing other couples will be less painful and more motivational to perfect those traits in yourself that will prepare you for the certainty of eternal companionship with your beloved! May God bless you that those times come to ease your heart! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDelete