A dear dear friend of ours, LeAnne Toland, has been telling me for a couple of years that she'd like to use our girls to practice on for her hobby of photography. One day last week she was at the pool when we arrived, and she happened to have her camera with her. These are all shots that she took that day. I know there are many many more, but these are the ones that she was the most happy with. They're a bit blurred, because I scanned the pics that she printed out and then posted them. 

Naki's done this for years with the girls. Since they were babies he balances them on his hands and then lets them drop into the water, or they jump into the water. They've advanced to the human rocket tricks now. Naki loves to see how high he can get them, and the girls love to see how it feels to fly!
This year Naki's been working with the girls on all the different strokes. We love watching the Olympics so much, and the girls really enjoyed the swimming. So now we've also enjoyed watching them "race" across the pool. It's been such great entertainment, on so many different levels.
Isn't this priceless? I love the wrinkled feet...we really love to swim and that shows it!
The day she was there taking pictures I decided to take Eva's floaties off and see what she could do. She jumped right in and wouldn't stop! The girls, using their goggles, would go under right when she hit the water. They told me that she would sit on the bottom, and then push off with her feet and kick to the top of the water. She was having such fun and felt so proud of herself. However, now we have to watch her even harder because she doesn't feel scared to take her floaties off and just jump right in! *gulp* That makes me slightly nervous...

This is my new most favoritist EVER family picture. I tried to put it at the top of our blog, but because it's a scanned picture it looks way blurry. So I'm working on it...thus the reason for no picture at all. I removed the other one in the process, and don't feel like putting it back up there until I can figure this one out. But I love it!Happy Summer...It's almost over! Wish we could have tans year round. Oh wait, I'm the only one around here who doesn't.

Very fun! Leanne did a great job with the pictures!
ReplyDeleteThe wrinkled feet, their little race stances, and the family photo are my favorite ones! I love my memories at that pool, it's so cool that you still get to swim there. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are great! The quality is great also- I can't tell they are blurry. Your girls are definitly camera perfect. I agree with you on the family picture- it is absolutely wonderful. I can't believe Eva can swim that well- do you take your kids to swimming lessons? And the last comment you made, made me giggle!
ReplyDeleteBy the way- You would make an EXCELLENT YW leader, yes-one day, you are destined with all the girls you have and they will love it when you are in there together!
I will tell you where the hikes are we go on anytime. If you are interested we are going to try to go for family night and you and your family are more than welcome to come. Let me know!
I wish we were a family of swimmers! We just cant get over the whole " you have to wear a swimsuit to the pool thing" Thank you guys for working with Leka and Ray. I dont want them to have our issues with swimming.
ReplyDeleteAbby, I guess you know where you get your love of the water. All of those years we spent in the pool were really fun and all of you loved it so much. There is something special about spending time together learning about the water and enjoying it. It obvious how much your gang loves it. And, having mom and dad in the water or near (to play with and show off for) makes it even more fun. Seeing the smiles on their faces tells me they are loving it. Hard to believe it will be fall soon.
ReplyDeleteHow simply wonderful...for you all experiencing such joy NOW and for me remembering such joy THEN!! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeletei just love swimming i can nt live without it and i miss you guys alot i hope that you guys have had a great summer including you line for the first grandparent retreat!! love, tim\uncle tim
ReplyDelete