Ask me how I felt about myself as a Mother Friday evening and I would have told you that I had to come in pretty low on a scale of 1 to 10. We had spent the afternoon at the swimming pool. After we came home and ate dinner Ane seemed to be acting a little out of the norm for her cheerful self, and so I got her ready for bed and we all chalked it up to "a little too much fun for one day + very little napping = pretty cranky baby" kinda stuff. Around 10:00 she woke up and was on fire, and the only other symptom she exhibited was a really sun-burned right cheek. Here is where I started to feel pretty terrible. See, when we had arrived at the pool I had forgotten to apply sunscreen. About an hour after we'd been there I quick slapped it on everybody and hoped for the best. When she woke up with her symptoms I thought it was weird that she'd only burned on that one spot, but with my slap-it-on-frantically method, I wasn't too surprised. I gave her some Motrin, watched her for a bit, and then laid her back down. She hasn't been herself since. She started that night having terrible diapers and on the 4th she didn't get any better. I knew something just wasn't right. She and dad stayed home from church since I was responsible for Sharing Time in Primary. Late yesterday afternoon after we got back from church her fever finally went away and at her bath I noticed that she'd broken out in a rash. Aaaahhh. Roseola. It was all making perfect sense, now. I wasn't such a bad mom, afterall!! (Well, maybe in some other areas, but I escaped the suncreen debacle just barely.) Even though I know the worst is behind us, looking at her like this just breaks my heart. She's still quite cranky, but at least she's eating again and the fever is gone.




So sad. I hate that about roseola. I never put things together until after the fever goes away. And you are NOT a bad mother! :-)
ReplyDeleteNot at all...in fact, a TRUE MOTHER by definition...raising healthy happy children in spite of the odds!! Seriously...what a job!! Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeletei feel sorry for that little girl i hope she gets better! love, Tim\Uncle tim
ReplyDeletethat was adorable! i can,t believe i did that! i didn,t know that it would go this cute!!!!!! lose.
ReplyDelete