Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh, My Back!

(Jerry Lewis, anyone? I just love Scared Stiff.) Anyway, I've been struggling with some back pain for what seems like, let's just say, longer than I want to be. It's the worst right when I wake up in the morning. Seriously, I'm like the Hunchback of Notre Dame walking around. And I'm starting to wonder if this might have anything to do with it.

You know you're tired when you don't even realize in the middle of the night that someone extra has crawled into your bed with you.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I had to comment on this blog, mostly because I completely feel for you!!! Matt rubbed my lower back for an hour tonight cause it was hurting so bad and I too have to walk like Kwazimodo when I wake up. Funny that you mention the kid thing also because I've placed the blame so many times on my mattress when I too am way too tired to notice the kids (yes, plural!) sneakin' into my bed to sleep with me. I never knew that it was possible to actually sleep on like 8 inches of my mattress edge without falling off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole body hurts when Max is in bed with us!

    I have back problems from a car accident and acupunture was the best thing I could have done- and I have tried a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! But my back pain didn't go away till I didn't have to carry babies around anymore. And come to think of it, I still have neck pain every now and then... oh wait! That's Doug...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you gone to the Chiropractors??? I know the feeling of back pain.... you better be better next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you get it from me. I have had it for forever, in spite of everything I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not too sure when my back hurt, but I think it's been since high school that my back hasn't hurt me too much! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent months in the "L" position trying to make my bed from my knees, etc!! NOW HEAR THIS!! For nearly a year I slept with a towel pinned around my waist (thank you, dad) and have absolutely nooooo back pain now. What happens is that you lose the cushioning between your vertebrae from pregnancy and your long supportive muscles get short and vice versa. You cannot get the cushioning back...but you can reverse the muscles and they in turn will support the vertebrae...IT WORKS!! Love, mom/gma

    ReplyDelete