Follow me here. . . several several months ago I got a phone call from a friend in our ward asking if we would be okay with having the girls participate in a photo shoot for a friend of hers. Her friend was developing a line of dance clothing and was trying to put together a catalog and needed some older girls to help out with wearing the clothes for the shoot. She assured us that they were cute clothes and modest, so we said that we would be glad to help. Knowing Naki, I thought he would want to be present to make sure things were handled appropriately and that the girls weren't put in any uncomfortable situations. So he headed off to the shoot with Line and Malia. What a great Dad. He was the only male in attendance, with all the other girls and their mommas there, the girls stripping down and changing in one big room. He said that he just tried to stay in one corner, turned from all the girlies and only focusing on helping our girls so as not to make the other girls uncomfortable. He came home so proud of the girls and the way they carried themselves. As compensation for their time, the owner of the line said that the girls could come by her office and select a set of the clothes for free. We've stopped by several times but since it's more of an office for storage rather than a store for shopping they don't keep regular hours and we had difficulty crossing paths. Finally two weeks ago I stopped by with Line while Malia was at dance class. We knocked on the door, and were surprised to find someone there! I was trying to explain that the girls had participated in a catalog shoot, and that we weren't just trying to get free clothes! Line saved the day, when she spotted one of the catalogs on a table and said, "That's me!" Sure enough, she was on the front cover. What a fun thing it was to see her there. We grabbed the catalog in excitement, flipped it open, and were giddy when we saw our Malia, striken' her own pose on the inside. Man, do I have the cutest girls or what?! Inside and out! There was an insert to the catalog that showed the different materials their line came in, and along the bottom were some of the models in different poses. It was so fun to play "Where's Line and Malia?" with the insert. What cuties! I wanted to show all of you, and tried to get on their website, but it's in the beginning stages and so instead scanned the pics from the catalog onto my computer. Hopefully you can see them good enough. So Fun!


See if you can "I Spy" the girlies in these ones.

I am awesome!!!!!!!!! Line
ReplyDeleteso cute!! your girls are definitely beautiful! & so photogenic!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW look at my famous little model nieces!!! They look so so cute, I love it. (did you get the free outfits?)
ReplyDelete-Gin
I love the self confindence, Line!!!!! You two are so dang cute.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for you guys! The girls are absolutely adorable. They outshine all the other little "models!"
ReplyDeleteI have the most beautiful and talented nieces!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning and pretty!! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim
ReplyDeleteZowie...the true test of a great photo is that the subject comes out and "gets" you!! Boy oh boy...do they ever!! What a terrific experience for all...and like Ginny, I wonder...did they get the FREE stuff? Love, mom/gma
ReplyDeleteI loved the photos!! Way to go girls. Grandpa D.
ReplyDeleteThey are so beautiful, what a fun oppurtunity! And I agree with Ariane, they do outshine all the other models!
ReplyDelete